- February 12, 2020, Atlanta, GA
- March 31, 2020 – Boise, ID
- May 7, 2020 – Baltimore, MD
- May 13, 2020 – Tampa, FL
The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the legal background of ADA and paratransit requirements. Topics include:
- ADA legal requirements that apply to public and private transportation related entities
- 14 service provisions documented in 49 CFR Part 37, Subpart G
- Requirements to determine if a public or private entity must provide complementary paratransit service
- Criteria for complementary paratransit service
- Requirements for existing and new transportation facilities
- Compliance and enforcement responsibilities of FTA, DOT, and DOJ
- Responsibilities and compliance procedures for public and private entities
- Enforcement and investigation processes, including hearings, decisions, and notices
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit services and the ADA.
This course is intended for people who work at a transit agency or provide transit service, those who manage or operate paratransit services, and Federal, State, and local representatives who work with the ADA community. It is recommended that you complete this course before attending other ADA-related courses.
Length: 4 hours