No Deliveries Currently – please check back!
Across the transit industry frontline employees are consistently promoted to supervisor roles, overseeing groups or teams of frontline workers, without substantive management training. It is reasonable to assume there are scores of transit frontline supervisors that have little to no formal management training. Transit agency departments/divisions managed by under-trained supervisors could realize increased efficiency and productivity if formal managerial and leadership training is provided to those supervisors.
This dynamic, interactive course will provide participants with the skills needed to become, not just great supervisors, but effective leaders. At the end of this training, each participant will be able to:
- Use characteristics and examples from successful leaders to shape and influence one’s own leadership style
- Articulate the changes that come with transitioning from a frontline employee to a frontline supervisor
- Describe and apply effective communication and conflict resolution strategies
- Address the challenge of supervising former peers as well as employees from different generations
- Motivate employees to succeed
• Current frontline workers interested in becoming supervisors and
• Supervisors that manage frontline staff with less than three years on the job
Length: 16 hours (Four separate, online 4-hour sessions Monday – Thursday)
Contact: Salendria Mabrey