This course will discuss systems engineering, a structured development process for implementing technology systems. It is an introductory level course geared for people with little or no experience with systems engineering, but who are involved or will be involved with a technology project.
Transit professionals involved with planning, writing requirements, and implementing technology projects, but don’t have experience with systems engineering. This course is geared towards medium to large transit agencies.
- Recognize the need for a proactive mindset in approaching technology projects
- Describe the systems engineering process and how it can be applied to technology projects
- Conduct on-going assessments of internal and external factors and how they impact a technology project
- Discuss transit-specific challenges that occur during the systems engineering process
- Review case studies to show how agencies adapt systems engineering concepts to effectively develop and implement technology
Length: 2 days
- $300.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other.
- Free for all others.