- December 10-14, 2018 – Orange, CA
December 10, 2018 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
December 11-13, 2018 8:30am – 4:30pm
December 14, 2018 8:30am – 12:00pm
- January 28-February 1, 2019- Seattle, WA
January 28, 2019 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
January 29-31, 2019 8:30am – 4:30pm
February 1, 2019 8:30am – 12:00pm
The last course in a four-part series *, this three and half-day course focuses on how a good contract administration system should look and how it should function after contract award. This revised procurement course will emphasize good procurement business practices and policies from a broader industry perspective. This training covers the roles and responsibilities of contracting parties. Specific problem areas that may emerge during the procurement process will be identified and addressed. The Best Practices Procurement Manual and Circular 4220.1F are referenced throughout the course. This course is conducted utilizing exercises, case studies, and other interactive training activities.
* It is highly recommended that the four procurement courses be taken in the following order: Orientation to Transit Procurement, Risk Assessment and Basic Cost and Price Analysis, RFP’s and Competitive Contract Negotiations, and Contract Administration.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- The Contracting Environment
- The Contract Administration Team
- Proactive Contract Administration
- Managing Communication Between Contractor and Agency
- The Influence of Pre-award Activity on Contract Administration
- Modifying or Changing the Contract
- Contractual Remedies Addressing Performance Issues
- Resolution of Disputes
- Contract Closeout
This course is for those currently engaged in procurement for federally funded transit agencies, contract administrators, project managers, procurement and contracting personnel wishing to improve their skills, transit suppliers, and FTA regional staff who review third-party contracting. Transit suppliers are encouraged to attend in order to understand the agency procurement function more thoroughly.
Length: 4 days
- $600.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other, Non-Profit (USA only).
- Free for all others.