- December 3-7, 2018 – Colorado Springs, CO
December 3, 2018 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
December 4-6, 2018 8:30am – 4:30pm
December 7, 2018 8:30am – 12:00pm
- March 4-8, 2019 – Fresno, CA
March 4, 2019 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
March 5-7, 2019 8:30am – 4:30pm
March 8, 2019 8:30am – 12:00pm
- March 18-22, 2019 – Tampa, FL
March 18, 2019 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
March 19-21, 2019 8:30am – 4:30pm
March 22, 2019 8:30am – 12:00pm
- April 15-19, 2019 – Portland, OR
April 15, 2019 1:00pm – 4:30pm (registration 12:30pm – 1:00pm)
April 16-18, 2019 8:30am – 4:30pm
April 19, 2019 8:30am – 12:00pm
The second of a four-part series *, this four-day course is designed to strengthen the procurement practices of transit authorities by improving the ability to perform cost and price analysis. This basic training helps build the sound financial management practices that are expected of organizations and agencies receiving direct grant support from the FTA. This revised course uses “best practices” and several hands-on exercises to augment explanations of acquisition strategies, design-build contracts, using data from cost and price analysis and price and cost certification. The effect risk has on different types of contracts and specifications are covered in great detail. The Best Practices Procurement Manual and Circular 4220.1F are referenced throughout the course. This course is conducted utilizing exercises, case studies, and other interactive training activities. A small calculator would be helpful for the class exercises.
* It is highly recommended that the four procurement courses be taken in the following order: Orientation to Transit Procurement, Risk Assessment and Basic Cost and Price Analysis , RFP”s and Competitive Contract Negotiations, and Contract Administration.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Price or Cost Analysis
- Effect of Price or Cost Analysis on Types of Contracts
- Contract Modifications
- Determination of Fair and Reasonable Price
- Methods of Conducting Cost Comparison
- Role Risk Plays in Pricing
- Effect of Contract Type on Allocation of Risk
- Effect of Specification Type on Risk Allocation
- FTA’s Role in the Procurement Process
No Deliveries Currently
Please keep checking back.
This course is for those currently engaged in procurement for federally funded transit agencies, contract administrators, project managers, procurement and contracting personnel wishing to improve their skills, transit suppliers, and FTA regional staff who review third-party contracting. Transit suppliers are encouraged to attend in order to understand the agency procurement function more thoroughly.
Length: 4 days
- $600.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other
- $600 for Non-Profit (USA only).
- Free for all others.