The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the skills needed to effectively manage and operate paratransit services.
Participants in this course will learn:
- History of demand response service and where the industry is today
- The relationship between managing and providing paratransit service
- Developing policies and procedures for your paratransit department
- Management functions needed to operate paratransit service, including planning, resource availability, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and performance evaluation
- Operating techniques to provide paratransit service, including contracting vs. in-house, brokerages and call center operations, route deviation, taxi supplements, and feeder service
- Scheduling techniques that are based on your agency’s resources and local transit environment
- Controlling costs and billing methods
- Technology’s role in paratransit service
- Customer service throughout the paratransit department
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit service and the ADA.