No Deliveries Currently
Please keep checking back.
This course seeks to have participants understand public transit service planning. By the end of the course, participants will be able to undertake conceptual service planning/design and redesign, including routing and scheduling, transit budgeting, and calculating levels of service and capacity.
Note: Participants are encouraged to bring a calculator (or a cell phone with calculator capabilities) to this course.
This course is targeted to meet the needs of entry to mid level transit planners looking to gain or refresh their knowledge. It is most appropriate for participants from transit providers and MPOs, but it is also appropriate for federal, state, and local agencies that interact with transit providers.
- Public Transit in the US
- Transit’s Operating Environment
- Fundamentals of Transit Service and Networks
- Route Level Planning and Design Concepts
- Developing Service: Measuring Quality of Service
- Developing Service: Calculating Capacity
- Skills for Planning a Route Level Service Schedule
Length: 3 days