No deliveries currently, please check back!
This course provides an overview of transit fare policy, including policy goals and objectives, fare structure, fare collection and emerging fare technologies. Participants will discuss the importance of fare policy, policy tradeoffs, pricing strategies and issues influencing fare decisions. The course will discuss fare equity issues, public communication and outreach strategies and data needs.
Transit managers, CEOs, planners; both small and large systems
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify key aspects of fare policy
- Define key terms important to fare policy
- Examine issues influencing fare policy decisions
- Examine pricing strategies and payment options
- Describe costs and benefits of fare collection methods
- Examine fare equity issues and data needs
- Discuss communication and outreach methods
Length: 2 days
- $300.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other, Non-Profit (USA only).
- Free for all others.