The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) continues to promote initiatives to expand transit agency knowledge of environmentally sustainable project development practices that reduce the impacts of climate change in communities across the nation. To support that goal, the National Transit Institute (NTI) has partnered with the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) to create the Envision Sustainability Transit Professional Scholarship Program.
- Applications for the current round of scholarships closed on Monday, February 14, 2022. We will not be accepting any more applications at this time.
- Twenty-five (25) scholarships will be awarded to public sector transit professionals to obtain the Envision® Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) credential
- Each scholarship covers the cost of training, credential testing, and the initial year of credential validation
- Scholarship award notifications will be made within 60 days of the application deadline
ENV SP Credentialing
- The ENV SP training course includes seven 1-hour, self-paced online modules
- Credentials will be issued only to those that complete the training course and pass an online, 75-question, open book exam (with a score of 75% or higher)
- Program participants must complete the training course and pass the credential exam within six months of their scholarship award notification
- ENV SP credentials will be valid for one year after passing the exam; subsequent credential renewal fees will be the responsibility of the scholarship recipient or their employer
More information on the ENV SP credential can be found here.
Sharyn LaCombe, Federal Transit Administration – Office of Environmental Programs