Upcoming Online Deliveries
- February 17-18, 2021 daily, for each of 2 days – 1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME
- March 30-31, 2021 daily, for each of 2 days – 1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME
- April 27-28, 2021 daily, for each of 2 days – 1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME
- May 25-26, 2021 daily, for each of 2 days – 1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME
- June 22-23, 2021 daily, for each of 2 days – 1:00pm-4:30pm EASTERN TIME
In this course, participants will develop the skills needed to communicate essential information to customers, stakeholders and employees during critical incidents faced by a transit agency.
Agency-wide planning and training are essential. But having detailed communications plans for every possible situation isn’t realistic. This session will present the essentials of an effective crisis communications plan that can be scaled to most any agency size or crisis scenario. The presenter is a veteran transit communicator and former reporter who has worked through pandemics, transit service disruptions, fatalities, leadership controversies and active shooters.
Following the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and prepare the communication elements of an effective transit agency crisis management plan
- Communicate effectively with customers, employees, stakeholders, and the media during a crisis
- Prepare and coach spokespersons, executives, board members, and subject matter experts for interviews and public presentations
- Develop success measures to determine the effectiveness of the communication
Length: Online, 2 consecutive days, 1:00pm-4:30pm Eastern Time