- Wednesday, July 20, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
- Thursday, August 25, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
- Thursday, September 22, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
- Thursday, October 27, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
- Thursday, November 10, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
- Monday, December 12, 2022, 2:00-4:00pm EASTERN
Whether you work remotely or not, written communication skills are equally important as communicating verbally. Poorly written documents make a first impression that can’t be taken back and can send the writer’s credibility, and the credibility of the agency or organization, into a nosedive. Fortunately, there are some simple tips and tricks that can make a big impact. This interactive class will focus on the fundamentals of organizing your thoughts and drafting content; writing clearly and concisely; and proofreading.
Participants in this session will learn:
- Four critical questions to ask before writing the first word
- When to use active voice vs. passive voice
- How to check content for readability and accessibility
- Eight proofreading tips
Please note that this small, virtual-classroom style session is limited to 25 participants.
Audience: Transit professionals seeking to improve their written communication skills
Length: 1 day, 2 hours