No Deliveries Currently
Please keep checking back.
This introductory-level workshop is geared for transit professionals, which include planners, engineers, operators, and individuals employed by MPOs, DOTs, and transportation agencies that will be involved in the planning, implementation, and ongoing management of transit data.
The goal of the workshop is to discuss and discover best practices in data management for transit ridership and for open source data, for internal agency consumption and external partner usage. This workshop will provide the opportunity for participants to network and will illustrate ITS data management best practices from peer agencies and from academic research. Participants will have the opportunity to hear case study presenters discuss their successes as well as lessons learned relating to data management, and will have the opportunity to tour a local transit agency’s facility to see some of the ITS technologies used.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify data management techniques and software suitable for public transportation
- Investigate the use of various data management practices from across the country
- Discuss best practices for successful data management procurements
- Review timely industry topics, such as:
- Ridership forecasting
- Open source/open data
Length: 2 days
- $300.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other.
- Free for all others.