This course is currently being revised and will be offered again in early 2020.
Supervisors must learn how to lead others rather than do the work themselves. In addition, they must earn trust and respect, in order to motivate, and strike the right balance between delegation and control. Supervisors must become skilled in proactive communication, listen well, demonstrate sensitivity, and articulate clearly. Supervisors must become adept in working in a diverse environment. As we face the complex challenges of today’s Transit environment, it becomes increasingly crucial that we examine our own behaviors as it relates to helping our organizations succeed.
- Characteristics of Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence, Resiliency, Flexibility and Trust
- Diversity and Generational Differences
- Coaching and Feedback for Motivation and Performance
Experienced supervisors who wish to improve their leadership skills, increase their teams productivity, and become more confident in supervising people.
- Recognize the characteristics of effective and ineffective leadership
- Apply a number of effective leadership techniques and methods
- Develop a range of personal skills and behaviors that will help achieve leadership goals
- Lead others with diverse styles
- Coach and develop others for motivation and performance
It is the goal of this course to better equip our transit supervisors as leader and managers by increasing their knowledge and skill in effective leadership techniques, methods and behaviors.
Please note that this course is an on-demand purchased delivery for transit agencies. The fee amount is subject to change due to the transit agency location.
Contact Barbara Van Dyke for more information.
Barbara Van Dyke