NTI is transitioning to a new registration system. To register, you will have to follow the link to our new registration page. You will have to create a new account in the new registration system in order to sign up for NTI classes that have been moved to the new system.
Please use the new registration system to sign up for the following upcoming deliveries of Procurement Series II- Risk Assessment and Basic Cost or Price Analysis:
For more information about this course, or to register, please click here.
For all sessions not listed above, please continue to register with our old system (see list at bottom of page.)
Participants will learn the purpose of a risk review, necessary preparations required to undertake a risk assessment, principles of the methods used for risk assessment, and how such assessments are applied to the project management process. Topics include:
- FTA's risk review requirements
- Stages of project development when a risk assessment should be performed
- Types of expertise necessary to conduct a risk assessment Evaluating a project's status
- Identifying risks and mapping them to project components
- Factoring risks
- Risk assessment process, including Beta range factor concepts
- Risk response
- Risk protection, contingency analysis, and primary and secondary risk mitigation
- Implementing and monitoring a Risk Management Plan
This course is intended for government managers, contract managers, designers, and builders who are undertaking a transit capital project larger than $300 million. However, please keep in mind the content of this course is scalable for small and medium projects.
This is a comprehensive course. The following prerequisites are recommended:
- General knowledge of transit systems and common design and construction issues;
- Basic understanding of how New Starts transit development occurs within the context of the FTA funding assistance; and
- Experience with standard project metrics, such as estimating and scheduling.
The goal of this course is to provide an overview of the risk review process, as described by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Oversight Procedure (OP) documents, including particularly OP-40.