NTI is transitioning to a new registration system. This means you will have to follow the link to our new registration page. You will have to create a new account in the new registration system in order to sign up for NTI classes that have been moved to the new system.
Please use the new registration system to sign up for the following upcoming deliveries of Paratransit Management and Operations:
For more information about this course, or to register, please click here.
The goal of this course is to teach transit professionals the skills needed to effectively manage and operate paratransit services. Topics include:
- History of demand response service and where the industry is today
- The relationship between managing and providing paratransit service
- Developing policies and procedures for your paratransit department
- Management functions needed to operate paratransit service, including planning, resource availability, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, and performance evaluation
- Operating techniques to provide paratransit service, including contracting vs. in-house, brokerages and call center operations, route deviation, taxi supplements, and feeder service
- Scheduling techniques that are based on your agency''s resources and local transit environment
- Controlling costs and billing methods
- Technology's role in paratransit service
- Customer service throughout the paratransit department
The course is facilitated by industry professionals with extensive experience in paratransit service and the ADA.
This course is intended for people who manage or operate paratransit services. This is a comprehensive course. The content is geared for people who have experience working with paratransit services.